Monday, August 31, 2020

How to Convert Documents to PDF Format on the Ubuntu Command Line

 

Convert a single file to PDF format

Use the following command syntax in order to convert a single file located in your current directory:

$ lowriter --convert-to pdf filename.doc

For .docx files,

$ lowriter --convert-to filename.docx

Here is how I converted a .docx file to pdf. located in my Downloads folder.

Convert a single docx file to PDF on Linux

As you can see above, when I listed the contents of my current folder through the ls command, I could see the newly converted pdf file listed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Databricks Delta table merge Example

here's some sample code that demonstrates a merge operation on a Delta table using PySpark:   from pyspark.sql import SparkSession # cre...